Wednesday 20 July 2011

Wikis

I found it interesting to realize that there are so many library related Wikis out there.  It would be great in school libraries to have a Wiki re Web 2.0 applications with links to useful videos, eg the videos in"plain English' are fun to watch and are instructive as well.
A Wiki can be on any topic, it can be a directory, it can have many formats.  I would like to spend extra time looking at some of the sites in the other 'library wiki examples' in our our course notes.  I can see a specific use for Wikis in our libraries,  see above, for instruction purposes.  In fact, Wikis for encouraging information literacy in general, could be valuable to students.

3 comments:

  1. Well said Kerry. I'm in a slump with how I feel about a Wiki my imagination is out on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of a school library having a wiki with links to Web 2.0 apps. A bit like the twitter wiki you can see in our courseunder the twitter heading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the plain english videos are great.

    ReplyDelete