Wednesday 6 July 2011

Librarians Matter

I have an RSS Feed to the below site.  I think the articles on this site provide entertainment.  They are short, interesting and include a video or image.  RSS Feeds can be helpful in a library situation, for example, I noticed that one of the students has an ALIA job vacancy RSS Feed on her blog.  Personally, I think that was quite a useful feed to access and I would suggest that all the students in the class access the ALIA job vacany RSS Feed.  I know it is useful to individuals to access RSS Feeds and I am sure this usefulness could be transferred to a library setting, especially in the case of library staff where they could be kept up to date with sites that are pertinent to their workload and/or personal development.

Karyn, G. (Ed.). (2011). Retrieved Jul 6, 2011, from Librarians Matter: http://librariansmatter.com/blog/

4 comments:

  1. aahhh....Personal Development...I just mentioned same on Scott's blog ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. A useful bog and interesting comments about RSS. I agree that we should all be subscribing to ALIA's job RSS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good blog, multiple people seem to have done this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hadn't really taken a look at the librarians matter page till now. very cool site

    ReplyDelete